CHEMISTRY VIRTUAL TEXTBOOK
Pahaikan's reference textbook for General Chemistry
- 1 What is Chemistry all about, anyway?
- 2 Getting started in Chemistry: essential background
- 3 The basics of atoms, moles, formulas, equations
- 4 What is pseudoscience?
- 5 Getting serious about atoms
- 5a Primer on quantum theory of the atom
- 5b Atomic structure and the periodic table
- 5c Why doesn't the electron fall into the nucleus?
- 6 Properties of gases: matter at its simplest
- 7 Solids and liquids
- 7a States of matter New 2009 version!
- 7b Liquids and their vapors
- 7c Solutions
- 8 Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- 8a Three views of chemical bonding
- 8b All about chemical bonding
- 9 All about acids and bases
- 20 All about chemical equilibrium
- 21 Acid-base equilibria
- 21a Acid-base equilibria and calculations 21b Acid-base without algebra
- 21c The fall of the proton: why acids react with bases
- 22 Chemical Energetics
- 23 Thermodynamics of chemical equilibrium
- 24 All about electrochemistry
- 30 The measure of matter
- 31 The fall of the electron (oxidation-reduction)
- 32 Survey of Environmental Geobiochemistry
- 33 Understanding entropy
- 40 Advanced aquatic chemistry
- 40a Acid-base chemistry of natural aquatic systems
- 40b Carbonate equilibria in natural waters
- 40c Redox equilibria in natural waters
- 40d Solids in contact with natural waters
Visit John Wiley & Sons for more sites to explore!